MATLAB and computer simulations course for students FH Regensburg
29.7. – 2.8.2013
Guaranty: Prof. Ing. Zdeňka Benešová, CSc, University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, Prof. Dr.Ing. Roland Schiek, FH Regensburg, Prof. Dr. Ing. Rainer Haller
- Opening of course 8:30 – 8:45
- MATLAB basics (Polcar, Koudela) 8:45 – 10:15
- Environment basics – introduction, window environment, interpret style, menu system
- Basic declarations – case sensitivity and basic working rules
- Command Window, Workspace, History – properties, working with windows
- Help Style, using help declarations with concrete commands
- MATLAB programming language and basic commands (use in linear algebra, square matrixes, elementary functions and basic operations with vectors)
- Brackets (square, angle), parentheses. Semicolons and commas – meaning and usage.
- Matrix principles in MATLAB language (declarations and using with examples)
- Matrix algebra (some functions), using “dot-operators” (like A.*B or A.’)
- Selected helpful functions from help chapters elmat and elfun (like atan, angle, pascal, magic, det, inv, diag, sort, sum, min, max, size, etc.)
- Matrixes with complex numbers (examples and functions)
- System of linear equations – solving (using matrix operations – examples)
- Further functions – goniometrical functions, integral (quad), sorting.
- Basic graphical functions – graphs and figures (Polcar, Koudela) 10:30 – 12:00
- M-files editor – basic functions (menu system, open, close, trace, name …)
- Creating of basic MATLAB scripts (basic graphical output of a simple function, grid, plot(x, y), points, colours, axes, labels, title, scalling, etc.)
- Functions with polynomial arguments (polyfun, polyval, etc.)
- Curve fitting – linear, polynomial and spline regression, graphical output (functions polyfit and interp)
- MATLAB programming (Polcar, Koudela) 13:00 – 14:30
- Flow control statements – loops (for, while), conditions (if, switch-case), etc. Editing m-files – creating functions (examples – cumulative integral and equation solving, user data input)
- Possible training, questions, discussion
- Advanced functions and practicing (Polcar, Koudela) 14:45 – 16:15
- ODE-functions – solving of first order ordinary differential equations, system of differential equations, higher orders differential equations.
- Interactive input / output commands, user defined error messages, commentary (functions input, error, msgbox)
- ODE functions application (Polcar, Koudela) 8:30 – 10:00
- Examples of simple transient phenomena – RC, RLC circuit etc.
- ODE functions application – continue (Polcar, Koudela) 10:15 – 12:15
- Solving problems using ODE solver, creating own application.
- Introduction to 3D graphs (Polcar, Koudela) 13:15 – 14:45
- meshgrid, mesh, surf, surfl, colormap, shading, interp.
- Examples of 3D functions (functions depended on two variables).
- 3D curve – Line Plots of 3-D Data (plot3), examples – integral of 3D curve. Using 3D style on the complex grid and complex graphs.
- MATLAB – graphics, GUI and multimedia (Polcar, Koudela) 15:00 – 16:30
- Advanced settings of graphical outputs and graphical user interface (automated adjustment of figure size in depend on screen size etc.)
- Graphical user interface – drawing layout, development, predefined dialog boxes, advanced settings.
- Practicing, standalone working on examples with help of lecturers
- Creating animated sequences (movies and animated graphics), audio-video functions.
- Fourier transformations – FFT (example, harmonic signal analysis – noised input signal) (Polcar, Koudela) 8:30 – 09:00
- Autonomous working on more extensive example, working with complex numbers, applying ODE functions, dialog boxes, graphical interface, animations (with help of lecturers) (Polcar, Koudela) 9:00 – 10:00
- MATLAB test (Polcar, Koudela) 10:30 – 11:30
- Results of MATLAB test 13:30 –13:45